Sharon White of Legacy of Home says Raising Real Men, “packed with brilliant insights.”
How do you raise boys? This question often comes up in homeschooling circles. We have plenty of resources to raise our daughters – home economic kits, great fiction, aprons, and homemaking magazines. However, there are few serious tools to help parents in the herculean task of training sons. Until now……………
Hal and Melanie Young have created a much needed guide to raising godly boys in this society. They sent me a copy of their 250 page book, Raising Real Men – Surviving, Teaching and Appreciating Boys. It is packed with brilliant insights. Some of what you’ll find inside:
1. A godly and realistic look at Media / T.V. / Movies
2. How your family history can help your sons find real heroes.
3. Excellent book suggestions for your sons to read.
4. Information on teaching boys about Finances- such as: credit cards, bank accounts, odd jobs, and preparing your boys to support a family.
5. Good Competition and its purpose.
6. Home Education.
7. Very serious talk about the importance of College.
8. Equipping your boys to interact with the world.
9. How to approach the rowdiness that seems to be in their nature.
10. A Biblical look at fighting.
11. They even touch on controversial issues like: The proper use of guns, learning disabilities and Temptation.
12. Much more.
This book is packed with eye-opening information from the perspective of a family with six sons (and two daughters). I love their laid-back, conversational style of writing. Their ideas make sense to me, logically and practically. As I read, I felt a growing trust in their wisdom. In each chapter, they included facts, personal examples and Biblical truths. This presents a powerful teaching tool parents will appreciate. The Youngs have done a great service penning this book.
– – – – –
For more information, please visit their website:
You can also sign up for their free monthly newsletter:
To read a sample chapter:
Legacy of Home